Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with the kids wanting what the other kids have and sometimes I don’t. The great thing is, when keeping them focused on what’s healthy becomes a challenge, I am pushed to create more yummy treats for them that are healthy but that also make them feel like they are not missing out.
Here is my latest…it will be included in my new cookbook for children, but thought you may like to try it out early. It was a big hit with both my own children and others from the neighborhood that gravitate towards my kitchen when hunger calls. Enjoy!
Delicious little balls made with wholefood ingredients. A great treat when you have a craving.
- Place all ingredients (except the coconut for coating and water/milk), into a food processor.
- Mix on high speed until the ingredients form a fine crumb.
- Add milk or water until the desired consistency is reached. It should be a thick paste.
- Roll mixture into balls and coat with coconut.
- Put in fridge to firm up before eating.