With winter upon us I thought it was time I do a kale dish.
There are so many varieties of Kale including Tuscan, Curly, Siberian and Red Russian, to name a few. They each have different colours and textures but are all a very nutritious source of Vitamins A, C and K as well as anti-oxidants, calcium and iron. Each variety will have a different taste and texture so experiment to see which you like best. Many varieties can be quite chewy and you may like to chop those ones a little finer so they are more manageable when eating.
This is dish may serve as a light meal for 2 or a side for 4. To make it more substantial you may like to add marinated tofu when stir-frying the Kale.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil and add the soba noodles.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until tender, then strain.
- Meanwhile, add the sesame seeds to a hot frying pan and stir until they brown.
- Remove from heat and leave to one side
- Make a dressing out of the ginger, soy or tamari, rice mirin and honey.
- Take the frying pan and heat the sesame oil.
- Add the kale and garlic and a dash of water. Mix and cover for a couple of minutes until the kale wilts.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, dressing, sesame seeds and kale mix. Toss well and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know in the comments below. Thank you.