The winter months can bring colds and flus and it is important that we keep our body healthy and warm. Here, Ethan shows you how to make a delicious tea packed with nutrients that will strengthen your immune system and help fight those winter viruses.
Try this delicious immune boosting tea and vary the ingredient amounts according to your own taste. See below for other immune boosting herbs.
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp dried elderberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon bark or powder or one small cinnamon stick
- 1-3 tsp liquorice root - the more you add, the sweeter the tea will be
- Boil the kettle.
- Add the herbs to a tea pot or coffee plunger.
- Once the water has boiled, leave to stand for a couple of minutes and then pour into your pot.
- Cover the tea pot with a tea towel and leave to stand for 10-20 minutes before serving.
Other additions that are great for your immunity: astragalus root, lemon balm, peppermint, nettle, yarrow and burdock root. Note the last two are bitter herbs.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know in the comments below. Thank you.